Estimated Course Length: 1 Hour 8 Mins.
Course Includes: 13 sections with components in each section (components consist of a mixed media approach with lived experience testimonials, animation explainer videos, and a knowledge game)
Companion Videos: 8 companion videos created for enhanced learning on key course topics in Suicidal Behavior Competency for Educators; over 120 mental health literacy videos on a host of mental health topics
Downloadable PDFs: 6 downloadable PDFs expanding on relevant course topics
Target Audience: Educators
Level of Instruction: Introductory
Instructional Method: Self-paced, interactive, hybrid of audio, text, video, and learning checks
Accessibility Accommodations: Color contrast; transcripts of video components; closed captioning of audio and video components.
After completing this course, you will be able to describe and employ the following:
- Accurately describe signs that indicate an individual is experiencing a mental health crisis and identify techniques to respond related to starting a conversation, the basics of de-escalation, and challenging situations.
- List community resources for crisis support and link individuals with the appropriate type of support.
- Identify practical skills that can be used to support a colleague experiencing a mental health crisis as well as evaluate tips for supporting someone during their recovery journey.
- Course Overview & Introduction (4+ minutes)
- A Public Health Emergency (2+ minutes)
- Defining Suicidal Behaviors (1+ minute)
- Language and Stigma (3+ minutes)
- Myths and Facts (1+ minute)
- Prevention and Awareness (11+ minutes)
- Risk Factors (7+ minutes)
- Protective Factors (1+ minute)
- Screening for Suicide Risk (5+ minutes)
- Tips for Communicating With Someone Who Might Be at Risk (12+ minutes)
- Postvention: Dealing with Loss (5+ minutes)
- Knowledge Check (1+ minute)
- Discussion Summary & Course Outro (2+ minutes)
- Post-Course Assessment (9+ minutes)
TALK TO A PARTNER RELATIONS EXECUTIVE
Ready to go deeper into our original mental health content, and create a custom learning experience? Fill out the form to request a demo today. Our team will follow up within 48 hours to discuss how you can get the most out of your Psych Hub preview.