Estimated Course Length: 3 hrs. 30 min
Course Includes: 3 modules consisting of a mixed media approach with roleplays, video interviews with subject matter experts, animation explainer videos, knowledge games, and more
Companion Videos: 2 provider videos to highlight key concepts
Downloadable PDFs: 16 downloadable PDFs expanding on relevant course topics
Target Audience: Mental Health Providers (licensed professional counselors, licensed clinical social workers, licensed psychologists, licensed marriage and family therapists, psychiatrists, behavioral health nurses); Physicians; Nurses
Level of Instruction: Advanced
Prerequisite: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Foundations: A Skills-Based Approach
Instructional Method: Self-paced, interactive, hybrid of audio, text, video, and learning checks
Accessibility Accommodations: Closed captioning of all audio and video components
After completing this course, you will be able to describe and employ the following:
- Explain the following elements of the first phase of treatment for reducing suicide risk: obtaining client engagement, screening and assessing risk, uncovering the suicide story, developing a Hope Kit, treatment planning, and identifying treatment goals.
- Demonstrate competency in utilizing the following middle-phase interventions, with competencies in behavioral, cognitive, and emotion-focused interventions.
- Summarize a plan for terminating treatment, including the five steps of the relapse prevention task, skill reinforcement, treatment reflection, and booster sessions.
COURSE ACTIVITIES FOR CE CREDIT (≥ 3 hour 21 minutes)
- Pre-Course Assessment (~10 minutes) [EXCLUDED FROM ACTIVITIES FOR NBCC & CAMFT CREDIT]
- Module 1: First Phase of Treatment (54+ minutes)
- Post-Module 1 Assessment (~14 minutes) [EXCLUDED FROM ACTIVITIES FOR NBCC & CAMFT CREDIT]
- Module 2: Middle Phase of Treatment (50+ minutes)
- Post-Module 2 Assessment (~14 minutes) [EXCLUDED FROM ACTIVITIES FOR NBCC & CAMFT CREDIT]
- Module 3: Final Phase of Treatment (55+ minutes)
- Post-Module 3 Assessment (~4 minutes) [EXCLUDED FROM ACTIVITIES FOR NBCC & CAMFT CREDIT]
TALK TO A PARTNER RELATIONS EXECUTIVE
Ready to go deeper into our original mental health content, and create a custom learning experience? Fill out the form to request a demo today. Our team will follow up within 48 hours to discuss how you can get the most out of your Psych Hub preview.