About the Course
We all go through periods of stress and many of us have also experienced some kind of trauma. This course is built to teach anyone how to build the skill of resilience, which can help to protect against the impacts of stress and trauma. Based on up-to-date statistics from governing bodies and relevant scholarly articles, this series is full of learner focused activities, live-filmed videos and attractive animations. By taking this approximately 1 hour course, we hope that you will not only understand the impact of stress and trauma on mental health and physical well-being, but also know ways to measure and build your own resilience.
Estimated Course Length: 1 Hour
Target Audience: Hospitality workers
Level of Instruction: Introductory
Instructional Method: Self-paced, interactive, hybrid of audio, text, video, and learning checks
Accessibility Accommodations: Closed captioning of all audio and video components. To request further accessibility accommodations, please email email@example.com.
What the learner should know upon course completion:
- Discuss the impact of stress and trauma on emotional and physical wellbeing.
- Define resilience, including the various ways it is conceptualized and measured.
- Describe ways to build resilience and protect against the impacts of stress and trauma at individual, community, and systems levels.
TIMED COURSE OUTLINE
Since the course is interactive and each learner will proceed at their own pace, the timing is not exact. These are approximations based on average pre/post-test time of pilot testers as well as the run-time of course videos and voiceover. This course does not have to be completed in one session.
COURSE ACTIVITIES FOR CE CREDIT (≥ 1 HOUR 22 MINUTES)
- Pre-Course Assessment (~5 minutes)
- Introduction (~10 minutes)
- What is Resilience? (~2 minutes)
- Stress and Trauma (~11 minutes)
- Building Resilience (~33 minutes)
- Conclusion (~10 minutes)
- Post-Course Assessment (~11 minutes)
COURSE ACTIVITIES NOT FOR CE CREDIT
- Participant Evaluation (5-10 minutes)
(OPTIONAL) Supplementary Videos for Learner and Learner’s Clients Course Assessment