Psych Hub Communication Guide
Inclusive Language & Imagery for Mental Health Content
Mental health is complex. But, communicating about it doesn’t have to be.That’s why we’ve put together a communication guide for you to take the guesswork out of how to talk about and depict mental health in your communications. Effective mental health communication is one of the biggest drivers for reducing stigma and creating an inclusive environment. Our guide will dive into the best mental health communication practices every individual and organization should consider. Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Building an empowering mental health content strategy throughout your organization’s communications.
- Destigmatizing words and phrases to use in everyday conversations about mental health, substance use, and suicide.
- Creating content that utilizes person-first language and is representative of different groups’ preferences.
- What to say, what not to say, and, most important, why.
- Plus, we provide tips for depictions and visuals for creating graphics and videos along the way!