Estimated Course Length: 1 Hour
Course Includes: 11 sections with components in each section (components consist of a mixed media approach with lived experience testimonials, animation explainer videos, and a knowledge game)
Companion Videos: 6 companion videos created for enhanced learning on key course topics in Understanding and Overcoming Bias; over 120 mental health literacy videos on a host of mental health topics
Downloadable PDFs: 6 downloadable PDFs expanding on relevant course topics
Target Audience: Mental Health and Medical Providers, Healthcare Staff, Case Managers, Employers, Caregivers, Coaches, First Responders, Teachers, Attorneys, and other pertinent professionals
Level of Instruction: Introductory
Instructional Method: Self-paced, interactive, hybrid of audio, text, video, and learning checks
Accessibility Accommodations: Color contrast; transcripts of video components; closed captioning of audio and video components.
After completing this course, you will be able to describe and employ the following:
- Define and provide examples of implicit bias, explicit bias, cultural bias, positive bias, internalized bias, and institutional bias.
- Discuss ways in which bias impacts mental health.
- Give examples of how implicit bias and its outcomes can be mitigated within individuals and organizations.
- Course Overview & Introduction (4+ minutes)
- What is Bias? (1+ minute)
- The Formulation of Bias (2+ minutes)
- Bias and Discrimination (15+ minutes)
- How Bias Manifests (7+ minutes)
- The Impact of Discrimination and Bias on Mental Health (8+ minutes)
- Overcoming Bias (1+ minute)
- Take Action (5+ minutes)
- Workplace Strategies (3+ minutes)
- Knowledge Check (2+ minutes)
- Discussion Summary & Course Outro (2+ minutes)
- Post-Course Assessment (12+ minutes)
TALK TO A PARTNER RELATIONS EXECUTIVE
Ready to go deeper into our original mental health content, and create a custom learning experience? Fill out the form to request a demo today. Our team will follow up within 48 hours to discuss how you can get the most out of your Psych Hub preview.