Estimated Course Length: 1 Hour
Course Includes: 14 sections with components in each section (components consist of a mixed media approach with an animated overview video, a subject matter expert fireside chat, role plays, and a knowledge game)
Companion Videos: 10 companion videos created for enhanced learning on key course topics in Safety Planning; over 120 mental health literacy videos on a host of mental health topics
Downloadable PDFs: 6 downloadable PDFs expanding on relevant course topics
Target Audience: Mental Health and Medical Providers, Healthcare Staff, Case Managers, Employers, Caregivers, Coaches, First Responders, Teachers, Attorneys, and other pertinent professionals
Level of Instruction: Introductory
Instructional Method: Self-paced, interactive, hybrid of audio, text, video, and learning checks
Accessibility Accommodations: Color contrast; transcripts of video components; closed captioning of audio and video components.
After completing this course, you will be able to describe and employ the following:
- Identify 2 or more myths about intimate partner violence and 2 or more myths about suicide.
- Describe 3 or more key considerations before developing an intimate partner violence safety plan & 2 factors in writing the safety plan including how roles differ & safety plan uniqueness. The description must include aspects of both emotional & physical safety.
- Summarize suicide risk assessment including four questions that serve as a screener for identifying suicide risk. The summary must include one key consideration to developing a safety plan for suicide and four steps to include in writing the safety plan.
- Course Overview & Introduction (5+ minutes)
- What is a Safety Plan? (1+ minute)
INTIMATE PARTNER VIOLENCE & SAFETY PLANNING
- Intimate Partner Violence (4+ minutes)
- Common Myths Often Associated with Intimate Partner Violence (4+ minutes)
- Key Considerations for Developing a Safety Plan (1+ minute)
- Developing a Safety Plan (2+ minutes)
- Additional Factors of a Safety Plan (6+ minutes)
SUICIDAL BEHAVIOR & SAFETY PLANNING
- Suicidal Behaviors (1+ minute)
- Risk and Protective Factors Associated with Suicide (2+ minutes)
- Common Myths About Suicide (2+ minutes)
- Assessing for Suicide Risk (12+ minutes)
- Creating a Safety Plan (12+ minutes)
- Knowledge Check (1+ minute)
- Discussion Summary & Course Outro (2+ minutes)
- Post-Course Assessment (8+ minutes)
TALK TO A PARTNER RELATIONS EXECUTIVE
Ready to go deeper into our original mental health content, and create a custom learning experience? Fill out the form to request a demo today. Our team will follow up within 48 hours to discuss how you can get the most out of your Psych Hub preview.