Estimated Course Length: 2 Hours
Course Includes: 6 modules consisting of a mixed media approach with roleplays, video interviews with subject matter experts, animation explainer videos, knowledge games, and more
Downloadable PDFs: 10 downloadable PDFs expanding on relevant course topics
Target Audience: Mental Healthcare Practitioners, Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists, Psychologists, Mental Healthcare Students, Case Managers, & Coaches
Level of Instruction: Intermediate
Prerequisite: Motivational Interviewing Strategies: Foundations
Instructional Method: Self-paced; interactive; hybrid of audio, text, video, and learning checks
Accessibility Accommodations: Closed captioning of audio and video components. In order to request further accessibility accommodations, please email email@example.com.
After completing this course, you will be able to describe and employ the following:
- Describe why motivational interviewing strategies are well-suited for clients with substance use disorders.
- Explain key considerations when using five motivational principles with clients with substance use disorders.
- Evaluate how to apply the five motivational principles and OARS, through different stages of change, when working with clients with substance use disorders.
COURSE ACTIVITIES FOR CE CREDIT (≥ 1 HOURS 36 MINUTES)
- Pre-Course Assessment (~5 minutes) [EXCLUDED FROM ACTIVITIES FOR NBCC & CAMFT CREDIT]
- Introduction: (~25 minutes)
- Module 1: MIS: SUDS Principles in Action Role Play (~20 minutes)
- Module 2: Role Play 2: Recent Relapse (~12 minutes)
- Module 3: Role Play 3: Adding Treatment Components (~16 minutes)
- Module 4: Role Play 4: Medication-Assisted Therapy (~21 minutes)
- Module 5: Course Summary (~3 minutes)
- Post-Course Assessment (~7 minutes) [EXCLUDED FROM ACTIVITIES FOR NBCC & CAMFT CREDIT]
COURSE ACTIVITIES NOT FOR CE CREDIT
- Participant Evaluation (~10 minutes
- (OPTIONAL) Supplementary Videos for Learner and Learner’s Clients
TALK TO A PARTNER RELATIONS EXECUTIVE
Ready to go deeper into our original mental health content, and create a custom learning experience? Fill out the form to request a demo today. Our team will follow up within 48 hours to discuss how you can get the most out of your Psych Hub preview.