Estimated Course Length: 45 Mins.
Course Includes: 18 sections with components in each section (components consist of a mixed media approach with an animated overview video, role plays, and a knowledge game)
Companion Videos: 5 companion videos created for enhanced learning on key course topics in Motivational Interviewing: Communication Basics; over 120 mental health literacy videos on a host of mental health topics
Downloadable PDFs: 4 downloadable PDFs expanding on relevant course topics
Target Audience: Mental Health and Medical Providers, Healthcare Staff, Case Managers, Employers, Caregivers, Coaches, First Responders, Teachers, Attorneys, and other pertinent professionals
Level of Instruction: Introductory
Instructional Method: Self-paced, interactive, hybrid of audio, text, video, and learning checks
Accessibility Accommodations: Color contrast; transcripts of video components; closed captioning of audio and video components.
After completing this course, you will be able to describe and employ the following:
- Demonstrate knowledge related to asking open-ended questions and affirming what is heard while communicating with others.
- Describe the critical steps to reflectively listen and summarize conversations in order to facilitate communication while addressing ambivalence and initiating change.
- Critically appraise correct and incorrect strategies of communicating with others using motivational interviewing techniques.
- Course Overview & Introduction (4+ minutes)
- What is Motivational Interviewing? (1+ minute)
- Non-Clinical Application of Motivational Interviewing Communication Skills (1+ minute)
- Key Factors of Motivational Interviewing (1+ minute)
- Communication Techniques (1+ minute)
- Open-Ended Questions (5+ minutes)
- Affirmation (3+ minutes)
- Reflective Listening (3+ minutes)
- Summarizing (6+ minutes)
- Tamyra and Jennifer [Roleplay]: Conclusion (2+ minutes)
- Applied Knowledge: Four Communication Techniques (2+ minutes)
- Dos and Don’ts (2+ minutes)
- Summary of Motivational Interviewing Techniques (1+ minute)
- Knowledge Check (1+ minute)
- Discussion Summary & Course Outro (1+ minute)
- Post-Course Assessment (6+ minutes)
TALK TO A PARTNER RELATIONS EXECUTIVE
Ready to go deeper into our original mental health content, and create a custom learning experience? Fill out the form to request a demo today. Our team will follow up within 48 hours to discuss how you can get the most out of your Psych Hub preview.