Estimated Course Length: 1 Hour 10 Mins.
Course Includes: 16 sections with components in each section (components consist of a mixed media approach with lived experience testimonials, animation explainer videos, and a knowledge game)
Companion Videos: 17 companion videos created for enhanced learning on key course topics in Mental Health Competency 2: Common Conditions for Educators; over 120 mental health literacy videos on a host of mental health topics
Target Audience: Educators
Level of Instruction: Introductory
Instructional Method: Self-paced, interactive, hybrid of audio, text, video, and learning checks
Accessibility Accommodations: Color contrast; transcripts of video components; closed captioning of audio and video components.
After completing this course, you will be able to describe and employ the following:
- Describe at least three of the five common mental health conditions covered within this course. The description must include a common definition of each condition and three accompanying symptoms.
- Summarize at least three practical tips that can be implemented when interacting with friends, loved ones or fellow staff members who may be struggling with a mental health condition.
- Course Overview & Introduction (4+ minutes)
- A Brief History of Mental Care (1+ minute)
- Facts About Mental Health (1+ minute)
- What Causes Mental Illness? (1+ minute)
- Dispelling Stigma (1+ minute)
- Understanding the DSM-5 (1+ minute)
- Discussion of the Most Common Disorders (1+ minute)
- Depression (2+ minutes)
- Bipolar Disorder (9+ minutes)
- Anxiety Disorders (2+ minutes)
- Trauma and Stressor-Related Disorders (2+ minutes)
- Psychotic Disorders (9+ minutes)
- Other Common Mental Health Disorders (3+ minutes)
- General Warning Signs (3+ minutes)
- Prevention Works (3+ minutes)
- Practical Ways to Help and Treatment Options (5+ minutes)
- Language Matters (1+ minute)
- Expressing Concern (2+ minutes)
- Knowledge Check (2+ minutes)
- Discussion Summary & Course Outro (3+ minutes)
- Post-Course Assessment (5+ minutes)
TALK TO A PARTNER RELATIONS EXECUTIVE
Ready to go deeper into our original mental health content, and create a custom learning experience? Fill out the form to request a demo today. Our team will follow up within 48 hours to discuss how you can get the most out of your Psych Hub preview.