Estimated Course Length: 1 Hour
Course Includes: 18 sections with components in each section (components consist of a mixed media approach with an animated overview video, a subject matter expert fireside chat, role plays, and a knowledge game).
Companion Videos: 5 companion videos created for enhanced learning on key course topics in Mental Health Competency 1. Over 120 mental health literacy videos on a host of mental health topics.
Downloadable PDFs: 3 downloadable PDFs expanding on relevant course topics
Target Audience: Mental Health and Medical Providers, Healthcare Staff, Employers, Caregivers, Coaches, First Responders, Teachers, Attorneys, and other pertinent professionals
Level of Instruction: Introductory
Instructional Method: Self-paced, interactive, hybrid of audio, text, video, and learning checks
Accessibility Accommodations: Closed captioning of all audio and video components
After completing this course, you will be able to describe and employ the following:
- Discuss the range of severity of mental health issues and identify the impact of stigma towards mental health on individuals, families and communities.
- Describe the various models and contributing risk factors that play a role in the development of mental health disorders.
- Examine your personal values while learning common myths and facts about mental health.
- Course Overview & Introduction (12+ minutes)
- Values (2+ minutes)
- The Numbers (2+ minutes)
- The Cost (2+ minutes)
- Stigma (10+ minutes)
- The Biopsychosocial Model (3+ minutes)
- Risk Factors (2+ minutes)
- Protective Factors (3+ minutes)
- Help and Hope (7+ minutes)
- Knowledge Check (2+ minutes)
- Discussion Summary & Course Outro (3+ minutes)
TALK TO A PARTNER RELATIONS EXECUTIVE
Ready to go deeper into our original mental health content, and create a custom learning experience? Fill out the form to request a demo today. Our team will follow up within 48 hours to discuss how you can get the most out of your Psych Hub preview.