Estimated Course Length: 1 Hour 13 Mins.
Course Includes: 11 sections with components in each section (components consist of a mixed media approach with lived experience testimonials, animation explainer videos, and a knowledge game)
Companion Videos: 10 companion videos created for enhanced learning on key course topics in Mental Health Competency 1 for Educators; over 120 mental health literacy videos on a host of mental health topics
Target Audience: Educators
Level of Instruction: Introductory
Instructional Method: Self-paced, interactive, hybrid of audio, text, video, and learning checks
Accessibility Accommodations: Color contrast; transcripts of video components; closed captioning of audio and video components.
After completing this course, you will be able to describe and employ the following:
- Discuss the range of severity of mental health issues and identify the impact of stigma towards mental health on individuals, educators, and communities.
- Describe the various models and contributing risk factors that play a role in the development of mental health disorders.
- Examine your personal values while learning common myths and facts about mental health.
- Course Overview & Introduction (12+ minutes)
- Values (2+ minutes)
- The Numbers (2+ minutes)
- The Cost (2+ minutes)
- Stigma (10+ minutes)
- The Biopsychosocial Model (3+ minutes)
- Risk Factors (2+ minutes)
- Protective Factors (3+ minutes)
- Help and Hope (7+ minutes)
- Knowledge Check (2+ minutes)
- Discussion Summary & Course Outro (3+ minutes)
- Post-Course Assessment (5+ minutes)
TALK TO A PARTNER RELATIONS EXECUTIVE
Ready to go deeper into our original mental health content, and create a custom learning experience? Fill out the form to request a demo today. Our team will follow up within 48 hours to discuss how you can get the most out of your Psych Hub preview.