Estimated Course Length: 1 Hour 5 Mins.
Target Audience: Employers, Caregivers, Coaches, First Responders, Teachers, Attorneys, and other pertinent professionals
Level of Instruction: Introductory
Instructional Method: Self-paced, interactive, hybrid of audio, text, video, and learning checks
Accessibility Accommodations: Color contrast; transcripts of video components; closed captioning of audio and video components.
After completing this course, you will be able to describe and employ the following:
- Accurately describe signs that indicate an individual is experiencing a mental health crisis, substance overdose or withdrawal, or suicide risk.
- List community resources for crisis support and link individuals with the appropriate type of support.
- Identify practical skills that can be used to support an individual experiencing a mental health crisis, including communication, de-escalation, and screening techniques.
- Course Overview & Introduction (5~ minutes)
- What is a Mental Health Crisis? (32~ minutes)
- Alcohol & Substance Overdose (2~ minutes)
- Suicide Crisis - Rocognizing the Signs (16~ minutes)
- Sources of Crisis of Support (4~ minutes)
- After a Crisis (4~ minutes)
- Conclusion (2~ minutes)
- Post-Course Assessment (8+ minutes)
- Participant Evaluation (5-10 minutes)
TALK TO A PARTNER RELATIONS EXECUTIVE
Ready to go deeper into our original mental health content, and create a custom learning experience? Fill out the form to request a demo today. Our team will follow up within 48 hours to discuss how you can get the most out of your Psych Hub preview.