Estimated Course Length: 1 Hour
Course Includes: 10 sections with components in each section (components consist of a mixed media approach with lived experience testimonials, animation explainer videos, and a knowledge game)
Companion Videos: 6 companion videos created for enhanced learning on key course topics in Diversity and Mental Health; over 120 mental health literacy videos on a host of mental health topics
Downloadable PDFs: 7 downloadable PDFs expanding on relevant course topics
Target Audience: Social Workers, Healthcare Staff, Case Managers, Employers, Caregivers, Coaches, First Responders, Teachers, Attorneys, and other pertinent professionals
Level of Instruction: Introductory
Instructional Method: Self-paced, interactive, hybrid of audio, text, video, and learning checks
Accessibility Accommodations: Closed captioning of all audio and video components
After completing this course, you will be able to describe and employ the following:
- Describe different types of diversity, intersectionality, and ways in which inequality and discrimination manifest.
- Critically appraise the relationship between diversity and mental health.
- List 3 or more ways to promote inclusion and equity.
- Course Overview & Introduction (3+ minutes)
- What is Diversity and Why Does it Matter? (9+ minutes)
- Types of Diversity (11+ minutes)
- Intersectionality (4+ minutes)
- Benefits of Diversity (2+ minutes)
- Mechanisms of Marginalization (4+ minutes)
- Diversity and Mental Health (8+ minutes)
- Fostering Inclusion and Promoting Equity (6+ minutes)
- Knowledge Check (1+ minute)
- Discussion Summary & Course Outro (2+ minutes)
- Post-Course Assessment (5+ minutes)
TALK TO A PARTNER RELATIONS EXECUTIVE
Ready to go deeper into our original mental health content, and create a custom learning experience? Fill out the form to request a demo today. Our team will follow up within 48 hours to discuss how you can get the most out of your Psych Hub preview.