Estimated Course Length: 2 hrs 41 mins
Course Includes: 4 modules consisting of a mixed media approach with roleplays, video interviews with subject matter experts, animation explainer videos, knowledge games, and more
Companion Videos: 5 provider videos to highlight key concepts & course related videos to be shared with clients to enhance learning; over 120 mental health literacy videos for clients on a host of mental health topics
Downloadable PDFs: 12 downloadable PDFs expanding on relevant course topics
Target Audience: Mental Healthcare Practitioners, Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists, Psychologists, Mental Healthcare Students
Level of Instruction: Intermediate
Prerequisite: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Foundations: A Skills-Based Approach
Instructional Method: Self-paced, interactive, hybrid of audio, text, video, and learning checks
Accessibility Accommodations: Closed captioning of all audio and video components. In order to request further accessibility accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
After completing this course, you will be able to describe and employ the following:
- Explain the difference between a DBT-informed approach and how it contrasts with implementing a full DBT approach.
- Describe an accurate therapeutic DBT-informed paradigm shift that informs the therapist’s perspective on clients’ symptoms and presentation.
- Evaluate the DBT model as it pertains to patient assessment and orientation including an assessment of setting patient expectations and maintaining them, treatment contracts, and setting patient priorities in individual patient sessions.
- Define four skills that can be imparted to patients in building their DBT toolkits over time and in an individual format. The definition must include an explanation of why, when, and how to use skills in the four DBT modules of mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotional regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness.
COURSE ACTIVITIES FOR CE CREDIT (≥ 2 HOURS 41 MINUTES)
- Pre-Course Assessment (~5 minutes) [EXCLUDED FROM ACTIVITIES FOR NBCC & CAMFT CREDIT]
- Introduction: (~1 minute)
- Module 1: Introduction and Context of Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (~25 minutes)
- Module 2: Pre-Treatment: Client Assessment and Orientation (~15 minutes)
- Module 3: Individual Client Sessions (~20 minutes)
- Module 4: Skills Training (~1 hour & 3 minutes)
- Post-Course Assessment (~10 minutes) [EXCLUDED FROM ACTIVITIES FOR NBCC & CAMFT CREDIT]
COURSE ACTIVITIES NOT FOR CE CREDIT
- Participant Evaluation (~10 minutes)
- (OPTIONAL) Supplementary Videos for Learner and Learner’s Clients
TALK TO A PARTNER RELATIONS EXECUTIVE
Ready to go deeper into our original mental health content, and create a custom learning experience? Fill out the form to request a demo today. Our team will follow up within 48 hours to discuss how you can get the most out of your Psych Hub preview.