Estimated Course Length: 2 Hours 47 Mins.
Course Includes: 4 modules consisting of a mixed media approach with roleplays, video interviews with subject matter experts, animation explainer videos, knowledge games, and more.
Refresher Videos: 6 provider videos to highlight key concepts & course related videos to be shared with clients to enhance learning
Downloadable PDFs: 12 downloadable PDFs expanding on relevant course topics
Target Audience: Mental Healthcare Practitioners, Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists, Psychologists, Mental Healthcare Students
Level of Instruction: Intermediate
Prerequisite: None. If this is your first exposure to DBT, we recommend beginning with our DBT-Informed Therapy Foundations course, which provides a helpful foundation of DBT theory and tools.
Instructional Method: Self-paced; interactive; hybrid of audio, text, video, and learning checks
Accessibility Accommodations: Closed captioning of all audio and video components
After completing this course, you will be able to describe and employ the following:
- Describe parental involvement in DBT-informed care approach.
- Evaluate the DBT-informed model as it pertains to adolescent client assessment, treatment agreements, and structuring individual therapy sessions.
- Define four skills that can be imparted to adolescent clients in building their DBT toolkits over time and in an individual format. The definition must include an explanation of why, when, and how to use skills in the four DBT modules of mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotion regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness.
COURSE ACTIVITIES FOR CE CREDIT (≥ 2 HOURS 07 MINUTES)
- Pre-Course Assessment (~5 minutes) [EXCLUDED FROM ACTIVITIES FOR NBCC & CAMFT CREDIT]
- Introduction: (~1 minute)
- Module 1: Introduction and Context of Dialectical Behavioral Therapy for Adolescents (~15 minutes)
- Module 2: Pre-Treatment: Client Assessment and Orientation (~33 minutes)
- Module 3: Individual Client Sessions (~18 minutes)
- Module 4: Skills Training (~1 hour)
- Post-Course Assessment (~11 minutes) [EXCLUDED FROM ACTIVITIES FOR NBCC & CAMFT CREDIT]
COURSE ACTIVITIES NOT FOR CE CREDIT
- Participant Evaluation (~10 minutes)
- (OPTIONAL) Supplementary Videos for Learner and Learner’s Clients
TALK TO A PARTNER RELATIONS EXECUTIVE
Ready to go deeper into our original mental health content, and create a custom learning experience? Fill out the form to request a demo today. Our team will follow up within 48 hours to discuss how you can get the most out of your Psych Hub preview.