Estimated Course Length: 2 hrs. 15 min
Course Includes: 6 modules with over 20 components in each module (components consist of a mixed media approach with roleplays, video interviews with subject matter experts, animation explainer videos, knowledge games and more)
Companion Videos: 2 companion videos for your clients specifically designed to reinforce skills learned in cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia treatment; over 120 mental health literacy videos for clients on a host of mental health topics
Downloadable PDFs: 5 downloadable PDFs expanding on relevant course topics
Target Audience: Mental Health Providers (licensed professional counselors, licensed clinical social workers, licensed psychologists, licensed marriage and family therapists, psychiatrists, behavioral health nurses); Physicians; Nurses
Level of Instruction: Advanced
Prerequisite: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Foundations: A Skills-Based Approach
Instructional Method: Self-paced, interactive, hybrid of audio, text, video, and learning checks
Accessibility Accommodations: Closed captioning of all audio and video components
After completing this course, you will be able to describe and employ the following:
- Distinguish the subsets of insomnia and utilize the three Ps in considering a diagnosis, evaluating the client’s indicators of readiness for CBT-I.
- Evaluate client’s sleep hygiene utilizing the CBT model and describe the four following techniques: sleep restriction, stimulus control, sleep diary, and out-of-session action plans that facilitate better sleep hygiene.
- Specify three second line intervention strategies: cognitive therapy, relaxation training and sleep compression. Detail four forms of relaxation training: progressive muscle relaxation, diaphragmatic breathing, autogenic training and imagery training.
- Describe the following: behavioral and cognitive modification, identifying and restructuring unhealthy habits of sleep hygiene and catastrophic thoughts, and client homework assignments.
- Explain client progress by tracking sleep titration and a client’s indicators of readiness for termination of therapy, and/or potential for relapse by reviewing client’s sleep diaries and creating a post-therapy plan.
COURSE ACTIVITIES FOR CE CREDIT(≥ 1 HOUR 49 MINUTES)
- Pre-Course Assessment (10 minutes) [EXCLUDED FROM ACTIVITIES FOR NBCC & CAMFT CREDIT]
- Module 1: Identifying Insomnia (24+ minutes)
- Module 2: Curbing Insomnia: Sleep Restriction and Stimulus Control (12+ minutes)
- Module 3: The Significance of Sleep Hygiene (16+ minutes)
- Module 4: Curbing Insomnia: Second-Line Intervention Techniques (11+ minutes)
- Module 5: Cognitive Restructuring for Insomnia Disorder (9+ minutes)
- Module 6: Retaining Skills and Preventing Relapse (10+ minutes)
- Theory Tank (7+ minutes)
- Post-Course Assessment (10 minutes) [EXCLUDED FROM ACTIVITIES FOR NBCC & CAMFT CREDIT]
TALK TO A PARTNER RELATIONS EXECUTIVE
Ready to go deeper into our original mental health content, and create a custom learning experience? Fill out the form to request a demo today. Our team will follow up within 48 hours to discuss how you can get the most out of your Psych Hub preview.