Estimated Course Length: 3 hrs. 30 min
Course Includes: 7 modules with over 30 components in each module (components consist of a mixed media approach with roleplays, video interviews with subject matter experts, animation explainer videos, knowledge games and more)
Companion Videos: 20 companion videos for your clients specifically designed to reinforce skills learned in cognitive behavioral therapy for depression treatment; over 120 mental health literacy videos for clients on a host of mental health topics
Downloadable PDFs: 6 downloadable PDFs expanding on relevant course topics
Target Audience: Mental Health Providers (licensed professional counselors, licensed clinical social workers, licensed psychologists, licensed marriage and family therapists, psychiatrists, behavioral health nurses); Physicians; Nurses
Level of Instruction: Advanced
Prerequisite: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Foundations: A Skills-Based Approach
Instructional Method: Self-paced, interactive, hybrid of audio, text, video, and learning checks
Accessibility Accommodations: Closed captioning of all audio and video components
After completing this course, you will be able to describe and employ the following:
- Describe the connection between cognition, emotion, and behavior according to the CBT model. The description must include a clinical interpretation of how each component impacts and affects the others.
- Define depression-specific cognitive distortions through the scrutiny of irrational core beliefs, expounding on these three restructuring techniques: ABCDE method, Socratic questioning, and activating choice.
- Assess the following four behavioral activation techniques: SMART goals, action planning, utilizing rewards, and starting and maintaining a positive cycle. Scrutinize the depression-avoidance cycle, providing specifics on its reversal.
- Compare these five strategies for coping with anhedonia: resisting blame, restoring relationships, avoiding negative coping mechanisms, and utilizing the mind-body connection.
- Explain the techniques of behavioral and cognitive modification: teaching behavioral activation and healthy coping skills for depression and explaining client homework assignments.
- Identify client progress using measurement-based care and client’s readiness for termination of therapy, and/or potential for relapse using a post-therapy plan that utilizes these three techniques: maintenance, anticipating setbacks, and booster sessions.
COURSE ACTIVITIES FOR CE CREDIT( ≥ 2 HOURS 19 MINUTES)
- Pre-Course Assessment (8 minutes) [EXCLUDED FROM ACTIVITIES FOR NBCC & CAMFT CREDIT]
- Module 1: Seeking Treatment (14+ minutes)
- Module 2: Starting Individualized Treatment (17+ minutes)
- Module 3: Cognitions and Depression (14+ minutes)
Module 4: Emotions and Depression (14+ minutes)
- Module 5: Behavior and Depression (18+ minutes)
- Module 6: Tools for Behavioral Activation (14+ minutes)
- Module 7: Ending Treatment and Preventing Relapse (20+ minutes)
- Theory Tank (10+ minutes)
- Post-Course Assessment (8 minutes) [EXCLUDED FROM ACTIVITIES FOR NBCC & CAMFT CREDIT]
TALK TO A PARTNER RELATIONS EXECUTIVE
Ready to go deeper into our original mental health content, and create a custom learning experience? Fill out the form to request a demo today. Our team will follow up within 48 hours to discuss how you can get the most out of your Psych Hub preview.