Estimated Course Length: 2 hrs. 30 min
Course Includes: 7 modules with over 30 components in each module (components consist of a mixed media approach with roleplays, video interviews with subject matter experts, animation explainer videos, knowledge games and more)
Companion Videos: 20 companion videos for your clients specifically designed to reinforce skills learned in cognitive behavioral therapy for anxiety treatment; over 120 mental health literacy videos for clients on a host of mental health topics.
1 provider video to highlight key concepts in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Anxiety
Downloadable PDFs: 6 downloadable PDFs expanding on relevant course topics
Target Audience: Mental Health Providers
Level of Instruction: Advanced
Prerequisite: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Foundations: A Skills-Based Approach
Instructional Method: Self-paced, interactive, hybrid of audio, text, video, and learning checks
Accessibility Accommodations: Color contrast; transcripts of video components; closed captioning of audio and video components
After completing this course, you will be able to describe and employ the following:
- Identify anxiety-causing cognitive distortions and evaluate these six restructuring techniques: thought change records, Socratic questioning, decatastrophizing, examining the evidence, generating alternatives, and coping cards.
- Define anxious and avoidant behaviors and explain the following four behavioral activation techniques: disciplined worry periods, testing worry, stopping safety behavior, and surveying others.
- Apply the following six CBT strategies for coping with anxious emotions: emotional tolerance, acceptance, adapting, stress management, getting outside, and practicing the tense-relax method.
- Explain the following three CBT session techniques: behavioral and cognitive modification, teaching healthy coping skills for anxiety, and explaining client homework assignments.
- Compare and contrast self-performance and client progress using measurement-based care and assess client’s readiness for termination of therapy, and/or potential for relapse using the techniques of maintenance, anticipating setbacks, and booster sessions.
COURSE ACTIVITIES FOR CE CREDIT(≥ 2 HOURS)
- Pre-Course Assessment (12 minutes) [EXCLUDED FROM ACTIVITIES FOR NBCC & CAMFT CREDIT]
- Module 1: Seeking Treatment (10+ minutes)
- Module 2: Starting Individualized Treatment (17+ minutes)
- Module 3: Cognition and Anxiety (13+ minutes)
- Module 4: Emotions and Anxiety (12+ minutes)
- Module 5: Behavior and Anxiety (13+ minutes)
- Module 6: Tools for Relaxation (9+ minutes)
- Module 7: Ending Treatment and Preventing Relapse (15+ minutes)
- Theory Tank (7+ minutes)
- Post-Course Assessment (12 minutes) [EXCLUDED FROM ACTIVITIES FOR NBCC & CAMFT CREDIT]
TALK TO A PARTNER RELATIONS EXECUTIVE
Ready to go deeper into our original mental health content, and create a custom learning experience? Fill out the form to request a demo today. Our team will follow up within 48 hours to discuss how you can get the most out of your Psych Hub preview.