Estimated Course Length: 2 hrs. 30 min
Course Includes: 3 modules with over 20 components in each module (components consist of a mixed media approach with roleplays, video interviews with subject matter experts, animation explainer videos, knowledge games and more)
Companion Videos: 3 companion videos for your clients specifically designed to reinforce skills learned in cognitive behavioral therapy treatment; over 120 mental health literacy videos for clients on a host of mental health topics
Downloadable PDFs: 6 downloadable PDFs expanding on relevant course topics
Target Audience: Mental Health Providers
Level of Instruction: Advanced
Prerequisite: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Foundations: A Skills-Based Approach
Instructional Method: Self-paced, interactive, hybrid of audio, text, video, and learning checks
Accessibility Accommodations: Color contrast; transcripts of video components; closed captioning of audio and video components
After completing this course, you will be able to describe and employ the following:
- Describe the connection between cognition, emotion, and behavior in adolescents according to the CBT model. The description must include a clinical interpretation of how each component interacts.
- Determine developmental factors that affect adolescents, relating the connection between these factors and adolescent mental health.
- Assess the following three CBT session techniques: behavioral and cognitive modification, healthy coping skills, and client homework assignments.
- Identify adolescent client engagement and progress using measurement-based care and readiness for termination of therapy using a post-therapy plan that utilizes these three techniques: maintenance, anticipating setbacks, and booster sessions.
COURSE ACTIVITIES FOR CE CREDIT(≥ 1 HOUR 53 MINUTES)
- Pre-Course Assessment (10 minutes) [EXCLUDED FROM ACTIVITIES FOR NBCC & CAMFT CREDIT]
- Module 1: The Basics (20+ minutes)
- Module 2: Practical Tips for Working with Adolescents (31+ minutes)
- Module 3: Partnering with Parents (34+ minutes)
- Theory Tank (8+ minutes)
- Post-Course Assessment (10 minutes) [EXCLUDED FROM ACTIVITIES FOR NBCC & CAMFT CREDIT]
TALK TO A PARTNER RELATIONS EXECUTIVE
Ready to go deeper into our original mental health content, and create a custom learning experience? Fill out the form to request a demo today. Our team will follow up within 48 hours to discuss how you can get the most out of your Psych Hub preview.