Estimated Course Length: 4 hrs. 15 min
Course Includes: 3 modules consisting of a mixed media approach with roleplays, video interviews with subject matter experts, animation explainer videos, knowledge games, and more
Companion Videos: 8 provider videos to highlight key concepts
Downloadable PDFs: 15 downloadable PDFs expanding on relevant course topics
Target Audience: Licensed mental health providers (clinical social workers, psychologists, counselors, & marriage and family therapists)
Level of Instruction: Advanced
Instructional Method: Self-paced, interactive, hybrid of audio, text, video, and learning checks
Accessibility Accommodations: Color contrast; transcripts of video components; closed captioning of audio and video components
After completing this course, you will be able to describe and employ the following:
- Explain CAMS as an evidence-based, suicide-specific, therapeutic clinical framework for effectively working with suicidal risk.
- Describe CAMS philosophy of care related to empathy, collaboration, honesty, and the building of the clinical alliance while increasing patient motivation.
- Complete a first session of CAMS using the Suicide Status Form (SSF) for assessment, stabilization planning, and the identification of patient-defined suicidal drivers that will be targeted and treated in the course of CAMS-guided care.
- Articulate interim sessions of CAMS and the use of the SSF for tracking suicidal on-going risk and treatment plan updating related to patient-defined suicidal drivers.
- Relate optional resources like the CAMS Therapeutic Worksheet that can help clarify direct and indirect drivers of suicidality.
- Illustrate the use of the SSF for clinical outcomes and dispositions that brings CAMS-guided care to a close.
- Interpret the 10 key elements that define the CAMS model for effectively assessing and treating suicidal risk in your clinical practice.
Course Activities for CE Credits: ≥ 3 Hrs. 36 Min
- Pre-Course Assessment (~5 minutes) [EXCLUDED FROM ACTIVITIES FOR NBCC & CAMFT CREDIT]
- Module 1: Introduction to CAMS and Session 1 (~1 hour 15 minutes)
- Module 2: Interim Session 2 (~50 minutes)
- Module 3: Interim Session 5 (~22 minutes)
Module 4: Interim Session 9 (~21 minutes)
- Module 5: Interim Session 12 and Outcome Disposition (~22 minutes)
- Post-Course Assessment (~21 minutes) [EXCLUDED FROM ACTIVITIES FOR NBCC & CAMFT CREDIT]
TALK TO A PARTNER RELATIONS EXECUTIVE
Ready to go deeper into our original mental health content, and create a custom learning experience? Fill out the form to request a demo today. Our team will follow up within 48 hours to discuss how you can get the most out of your Psych Hub preview.