In this Episode of Ask the Expert
We will cover all of your questions on eating disorders, like:
– Is worrying about what you eat and how you look different than an eating disorder?
– Does dieting cause eating disorders?
– How do you know if you’ve crossed the line into unhealthy dieting?
– Is social media making eating disorders worse?
– Can someone with an eating disorder fully recover?
About Dr. Deborah Glasofer
Dr. Glasofer is an Associate Professor of Clinical Medical Psychology (in psychiatry).
At the New York State Psychiatric Institute, Dr. Glasofer has been involved in a variety of research studies for eating disorders in adults, including eating behavior and treatment of patients with anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa.
Within Columbia’s Department of Psychiatry, she provides instruction and supervision in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for adults with anxiety, mood, and eating disorders. Dr. Glasofer is a member of the Academy for Eating Disorders and recipient of a 2008 Academy for Eating Disorders/National Institute of Mental Health Early Career Investigator Travel Fellowship.
She is also a member of the Association for Behavioral & Cognitive Therapies and the American Psychological Association.
Ask the Expert with Columbia Psychiatry
Featuring Dr. Deborah Glasofer on Eating Disorders